At Northeastern University, we are committed to your success. We require that candidates seeking enrollment in Northeastern’s Online Master of Science in Taxation meet the following criteria and submit the following documentation. To request an application package or to begin the application process please contact an Enrollment Advisor by calling 1.866.890.0347 Ext. 3558 (U.S. and Canada) or +1.647.723.6681 Ext. 3558 (International).
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning. GPA of 3.25 or higher on a scale of 4.0, or GMAT required.
- Undergraduate or graduate course in taxation with a grade of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0.
- A minimum of two years of tax experience including one busy season or hold the following credentials: JD, CPA, CFP, or Enrolled Agent.
- All official transcripts of prior undergraduate and/or graduate work reflecting degree conferred by an accredited institution (International transcripts must be translated and include a WES or CED evaluation).
- English proficiency, both written and verbal, is necessary for success in D’Amore-McKim classrooms. If you are not a native English speaker, we require a standardized test of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo or PTE Academic scores) unless you completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree at an accredited institution where English is the language of instruction, or you have worked full-time for two years in the United States or other native English-speaking environment.
- Two letters of professional recommendation
- Essay / personal statement
- Application fee of $100 USD
Prospective students who earned their undergraduate degree at an international college or university are required to provide a degree evaluation along with their official transcripts. The purpose is to validate that the grade or GPA earned at the international school aligns with the 4.0 GPA scale used in the United States; and to provide a specific GPA against that 4.0 scale.
Northeastern only accepts degree evaluations done by organizations belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES: https://www.naces.org/members.php). NACES members are accredited and offer a GPA result on a 4.0 scale.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition* is calculated per credit hour. Please click here to view the current tuition information for Northeastern University’s online graduate business programs (scroll down to Graduate Programs, click on Tuition and find the Business Programs Online (MBA, MSF, MST) program listing).
There are a number of financing options available to qualified students, including subsidized and unsubsidized federal loans, private education loans, employer-sponsored tuition assistance, and an annual installment payment plan.
*All tuition and fees are subject to revision by Northeastern University’s Board of Trustees.
The D’Amore-McKim School of Business also offers an on-campus MS in Taxation. Learn more about the on-campus program.
Double Husky Scholarship
Starting Fall 1, 2015, any Northeastern graduate enrolled in a second degree program may be entitled to apply for the Double Husky Scholarship. If eligible, a tuition scholarship of 25 percent is available. Students currently in the program may apply for the scholarship for courses from Fall 1, 2015 and onwards.
To learn more, please visit the Northeastern University Double Husky Scholarship website here and/or contact our Enrollment Advisors.
Parent and Family Scholarship
Effective January 1, 2016, Northeastern’s Parent and Family Scholarship is available to parents and siblings of currently enrolled full-time undergraduate day students. Family members can continue working to achieve their advanced educational goals in more than 110 eligible graduate programs. Qualified members are eligible to receive a 25 percent tuition scholarship.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Northeastern is committed to helping Post-9/11 veterans earn degrees through the Yellow Ribbon Program by matching funds provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Qualified veterans who apply and are accepted into a Northeastern program will receive grant aid that may cover most to all of tuition and fee charges.
To be eligible, veterans must have served at least three years of active duty beginning after September 10, 2001. To learn more, please visit the Northeastern University Military website here and/or contact our Enrollment Advisors.
$5,000 grant in addition to the 25 percent Double Husky Scholarship towards over 110 eligible programs for students who complete their NU undergrad degree in four years.