At Northeastern University, we are committed to your success. We require that candidates seeking enrollment in Northeastern’s Online Master of Science in Taxation meet the following criteria and submit the following documentation. To request an application package or to begin the application process please contact an Enrollment Advisor by calling 1.866.890.0347 Ext. 3558 (U.S. and Canada) or +1.647.723.6681 Ext. 3558 (International).
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning. GPA of 3.25 or higher on a scale of 4.0, or GMAT required.
- Undergraduate or graduate course in taxation with a grade of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0.
- A minimum of two (2) years of tax experience including one busy season or hold the following credentials: JD, CPA, CFP, or Enrolled Agent.
- All official transcripts of prior undergraduate and/or graduate work reflecting degree conferred by an accredited institution (International transcripts must be translated and include a WES or CED evaluation).
- Current resume
- Candidates whose undergraduate instruction was not conducted in English need to submit official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE academic scores. Minimum score = 100 and we only accept the internet based test (iBT).
- Two (2) letters of professional recommendation (cannot be from friends and/or relatives).
- Application essay
- Non-refundable $100 application fee.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition* is calculated per credit hour. Please click here to view the current tuition information for Northeastern University’s online graduate business programs (scroll down to Graduate Programs, click on the plus sign (+) beside Tuition and find the Business Administration listing).
There are a number of financing options available to qualified students, including subsidized and unsubsidized federal loans, private education loans, employer-sponsored tuition assistance, and an annual installment payment plan.
*All tuition and fees are subject to revision by Northeastern University’s Board of Trustees.
The D’Amore-McKim School of Business also offers an on-campus MS in Taxation. Learn more about the on-campus program.
Double Husky Scholarship
Starting Fall 1, 2015, any Northeastern graduate enrolled in a second degree program may be entitled to apply for the Double Husky Scholarship. If eligible, a tuition scholarship of 25 percent is available. Students currently in the program may apply for the scholarship for courses from Fall 1, 2015 and onwards.
To learn more, please visit the Northeastern University Double Husky Scholarship website here and/or contact our Enrollment Advisors.
Lifetime Learning Membership
Effective January 1, 2016 Northeastern’s Lifetime Learning Membership is available to currently enrolled full-time students’ families. Family members can continue working to achieve their advanced educational goals in more than 110 eligible graduate programs. Qualified Lifetime Learning Members are eligible to receive a 25 percent tuition scholarship. For more information, please click here.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Northeastern is committed to helping Post-9/11 veterans earn degrees through the Yellow Ribbon Program by matching funds provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Qualified veterans who apply and are accepted into a Northeastern program will receive grant aid that may cover most to all of tuition and fee charges.
To be eligible, veterans must have served at least three years of active duty beginning after September 10, 2001. To learn more, please visit the Northeastern University Military website here and/or contact our Enrollment Advisors.