At Northeastern University, we are committed to your success. We require that candidates seeking enrollment in the Online Master of Science in Finance meet the following criteria and submit the following documentation. To request an application package or to begin the application process, please contact an Enrollment Advisor by calling 1.866.890.0347 Ext. 3549 (U.S. and Canada), +1.617.476.3110 Ext. 3549 (International).
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- GPA score of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0.
- All official transcripts of prior undergraduate and/or graduate work reflecting degree conferred by an accredited institution (International transcripts must be translated and include a WES or CED evaluation).
- Official results of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) OR currently employed with five (5) years of demonstrated professional experience in participation and leadership of work teams, financial and/or budgetary responsibility, and management of staff in a direct reporting relationship.*
- Current resume
- Candidates whose undergraduate instruction was not conducted in English need to submit official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE academic scores. Minimum score = 100 and we only accept the internet based test (iBT).
- Two (2) letters of professional recommendation (cannot be from friends and/or relatives).
- Application essay
- Non-refundable $100 application fee.
*Candidates who do not meet the minimum work requirements, but are approaching five (5) years of professional work experience, may still apply. In these cases, supplemental documentation, such as official professional designations or certifications may help to strengthen an application portfolio.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition* is calculated per credit hour. Please click here to view the current tuition information for Northeastern University’s online graduate business programs (scroll down to Graduate Programs, click on the plus sign (+) beside Tuition and find the Business Administration listing).
There are a number of financing options available to qualified students, including subsidized and unsubsidized federal loans, private education loans, employer-sponsored tuition assistance, and an annual installment payment plan.
*All tuition and fees are subject to revision by Northeastern University’s Board of Trustees.
Double Husky Scholarship
Starting Fall 1, 2015, any Northeastern graduate enrolled in a second degree program may be entitled to apply for the Double Husky Scholarship. If eligible, a tuition scholarship of 25 percent is available. Students currently in the program may apply for the scholarship for courses from Fall 1, 2015 and onwards.
To learn more, please visit the Northeastern University Double Husky Scholarship website here and/or contact our Enrollment Advisors.
Lifetime Learning Membership
Effective January 1, 2016 Northeastern’s Lifetime Learning Membership is available to currently enrolled full-time students’ families. Family members can continue working to achieve their advanced educational goals in more than 110 eligible graduate programs. Qualified Lifetime Learning Members are eligible to receive a 25 percent tuition scholarship. For more information, please click here.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Northeastern is committed to helping Post-9/11 veterans earn degrees through the Yellow Ribbon Program by matching funds provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Qualified veterans who apply and are accepted into a Northeastern program will receive grant aid that may cover most to all of tuition and fee charges.
To be eligible, veterans must have served at least three years of active duty beginning after September 10, 2001. To learn more, please visit the Northeastern University Military website here and/or contact our Enrollment Advisors.